Monday, September 25, 2006

Hello friends,

I was in need of a new place to blog. MSN spaces has let me down. Hence why I decided to join the masses and use blogger.com. It must work! Right? Anyhow. I need to get some sleep, so I'm just going to paste in here what I had wanted to post on my other site. I'll be around....

Home. What a wonderful word. I could complain about it, but don't beleive for a moment I'd rather be in Australia with a bunch of strangers than here with my favorite people in the world! Besides, who wouldn't want to sleep on an air mattress 10 feet from a big screen TV, 5 feet from a mini pool table, and 3 feet from my long absent computer. All my sisters actually... If they had their way there would be a slumber party in my "bed" every night!

Today was my first day of student teaching in Algona. It's going to be quite different from down under! I will be working with 1-3 graders and 6-8th grades. It is a bit daunting to be at the beginning of the next 8 weeks and know that the emotional rollercoaster will most likely find its way into my life. It will be easier this time though, knowing that I can get away and spend quality time with my family and friends.

Exciting news from the Zwiefel farm: We have two new additions to our family!! LLAMAS! Their names are Big John and Little John. Creative huh? I had no part in it, and I actually didn't believe Dad when he told me. They are really cool. They were just groomed for the fair a few weeks ago, so their fur is really soft.

Last bit of news. I may decide to find another website to use for blogging. I don't like what has become of this one. Stay tuned for a change of address... (actually this is it, so if you're reading this, no need to worry!)

Have a great day!

4 comments:

dust bunny sea hag said...

You're silly

Jackie said...

How did you find me dust bunny sea hag. I don't even have this thing figured out... But I don't supposed a dust bunny could explain it.

Holli said...

Llamas make me think of CaddyShack.

Jackie said...

I realize it has been four years, but as I was rereading this I noticed a misspelled word. BLAST! i before e... believe