
I can't really explain why, but since returning to America I feel a renewed interest in football. I recently decided that I wanted to choose a team to follow. This is no minor undertaking. I want to put some thought into it. It would also be a long term commitment. It isn't just through the SuperBowl. I told my friend Heather about it, and she is going to pick a team as well. I hope you realize that this is serious business!! We were challenged by brother Dustin to name all 32 NFL football teams and their mascots today. I am proud to say we accomplished the task! ... okay with a little help ... maybe a lot. Anyhow, we now have a list of all 32 teams! Here are the criteria I've created for choosing a team. Let me know if I'm missing anything.
These are in no particular order.
1. Team Colors (for example - brown and orange are not an appealing combination, unless you are a fall tree)
2. Team Mascot
3. Ability to win, at least on occasion
6 comments:
You should also include (maybe a sub-criteria of #3) their history. Example - I think the Detroit Lions have had a history the past few years of not being a very challenging team. Also, the packers are cheeseheads...weird.
As a girl- I appreciate that your #1 priority is uniform colors. Good work on keeping the most important things at the top of the list.
Not to critique your catagories, but there are a number of teams that don't have mascots or cheerleaders. If you are seriously considering all 32 teams, then you are automatically eliminating half of them.
The second question I would ask is, do you want a team that is a local favorite? Or an obscure team where you will represent a minority? If you want a local favorite, I would recommend either Green Bay or Minnesota. I would recommend Green Bay first for many many reasons. If you'd like me to go into further detail, I'd be glad to enlighten you.
If you want more non-local (which can be kinda fun), I would recommend the San Diego Chargers. They are winning some games, have a young golden boy quarterback (Philip Rivers, and I think he's single), and they break out powder blue uniforms from time to time.
What I hear Bryan saying is, "blah, blah, blah, blah, blah..." Do you hear that too, Jackie?
Hahahahahaha!
Debra I laughed out loud at your comment, if that tells you anything :)
Here's what I got from it, "blah, blah, blah, young golden boy, blah, blah blah, i think he's single, blah."
Totally kidding Bryan. I appreciate your expertise.
Go with Chicago Bears. Because then you can say "Daaaaa Bears!" in a Chicagan accent, and then say "That's the team I cheer for."
Post a Comment