Hmm... delicious! I made my first pot roast yesterday. It was very exciting! I had the pleasure of hosting a couple college friends, Zach and Kristin. One of those "crazy-small world" friendships. I met Zach in my very first college class: Music Theory I. He was a Choral Ed. Major, like myself. I met Kristin in my dorm because she was randomly assigned to live with one of my closest friends from high school: Jill B. (I have two BFF Jills) They lived just around the corner from my new room. Zach and Kristin had been dating since high school. Imagine our excitement when we figured all of this out! We shared many late nights during those first few years of school... Going to Perkins, playing taboo: the roommates versus the music nerds. Zach and I usually lost. Jill and Kristin could read each others minds! The four of us, plus another friend, went on an amazing trip to Chattanooga when UNI made it to the national title football game in Dec. '06. There's talk of going again if the Panthers do well in the play-offs. So many memories! We ate in a Wendy's and the people behind us in line kept mumbling about speaking clearly so the Yanks could understand. It is such a different world down there! My favorite moment was listening to the radio and hearing about the "Twelve Strays of Christmas." The stray dog of the day was named Zippy... one of Zach's nicknames. I laughed hard for about two hours.
The moral of the story: if you visit me, I cook for you.
4 comments:
Everyone likes a good moral.
That last paragraph was very very random.
I don't think I'll ever be able to accomplish the feat you mentioned at the beginning of this post.
You cook for me?!?! I'm "on the way"!
Gosh that line just never gets old...
Post a Comment