Friday, November 21, 2008

This Messy Life

I'm tired.

I've worked a lot of hours this week, and I still haven't fully recovered from Swing Show week.

My apartment is both messy and dirty. My laundry piles are probably worse than when I was a teenager. I had way more time back then, and fewer clothes. Seeing the mess wears me out.

I'm hungry.

I haven't had a healthy meal in a long time.

I still eat a PB sandwich for lunch almost every day. Lame, I know.

I'm stressed.

Grad school applications should really have been finished by now. What's holding me back?

Even though I have a better idea of what I'm doing at school, the to-do list still overwhelms me.

I'm inspired.

I planned a lesson for a mimio (interactive whiteboard) for Monday morning. Music teachers CAN integrate technology!

I will be attending the All-State concert and singing the Messiah on Sunday. Ah, the true art of music... how I miss it...

I'm loved.

Nicole and Rhylee are in town for the weekend.

My family is coming on Sunday to see the concert and to help me celebrate my birthday.

I'm thankful.

I have a job.
I have clothes.
I have a warm apartment.
I have food.
I have friends.
I have a great family.
I have faith in a God who loves me.

4 comments:

Bryan said...

welcome back!

Anonymous said...

Great Thanksgiving post!
Love ya Jacks!

Miles Rausch said...

It was like a poem-post. A poest, if you will.

Welcome back to blogging.

Holli said...

Glad you're back.