Sunday, March 1, 2009

Update

I've been rotten at updating this. Even the last few posts have not been all that interesting. Here's a little bit of everything I've been up to.

Faith -
I have been working through a Fruit of the Spirit Bible study with my small group. Beth Moore is so passionate, and I adore her sense of humor. This study is just what I need at this point in my life.

For the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. -Galatians 5:22

Family -
Mallory is such a treat as ever. I also appreciate Alissa as she is into her teenage years in full force! Nicole is doing well at her job. Mom and Dad are doing well, and Rhylee and I spent some quality Aunt/Nephew time on Saturday. Getting him and myself dressed and loaded into the car on my own was no easy task. I did it twice. :)

Friends -
I miss you all. Today was one of the more lonely days in awhile. Rest and relaxation by yourself is great, but boring.

Work -
Leaps and bounds better than January. Still, ugh. Junior High Talent Show is March 12th. The stress level is high. Ironically, the "Fruit of the Spirit" for this week's bible study is peace. I'm interested to see how that plays out.

Grad School -
I haven't heard back from Mankato. I have an audition at the U. of Iowa on the 23rd of March. Their program intimidates me. I'm hoping that I do well, but I also hope that things work out for Mankato...

I enjoy reading everyone's blog, and hopefully I'll be sharing more items of interest with you.

3 comments:

she-shew said...

I also enjoy Beth Moore, glad you're having this enjoyable time in the midst of this school year. Good to read an update!!! (I won't say anything about your not blogging enough = "hey pot, kettle here, you're lookin' a little black")

Holli said...

Any update is a great update, Jackie! Miss you! See you soon!!

Miles Rausch said...

I used to have lots of quality time with my aunt. She lived in the same town, and was a bit younger than my parents, so she babysat for my brother and I loads. And now she's a great friend!

(I'm going with the love vibe that I was getting from the comments.)