I spend a lot of my time these days in school. My day starts pretty early, I have to be there by 7:40 AM. Today I worked with second and third graders. It's fun teaching them big words like crescendo and ostinato. They are smart kids! Today the shop teacher who shares an office with Sheila brought his lunch from Maggie B's, one of the best bakeries in town. He kindly brought both Sheila and me a pumpkin cookie with delicious frosting. It was wonderful. I led warm-ups for both sixth and eighth grade choir. I stood up and walked to the front of them room, said some things and began to play the first notes on the piano. All of a sudden the piano (a really fancy digital one) began playing a rousing version of Danny Boy. I had NO idea how to turn it off. Sheila had to run up and help me out. It made me laugh. Talk about a great start. Fortunately the eighth grade was feeling merciful today. We had a good laugh and started over. It's the little things that make each day special.
Tuesday, October 3, 2006
It's the Little Things
I spend a lot of my time these days in school. My day starts pretty early, I have to be there by 7:40 AM. Today I worked with second and third graders. It's fun teaching them big words like crescendo and ostinato. They are smart kids! Today the shop teacher who shares an office with Sheila brought his lunch from Maggie B's, one of the best bakeries in town. He kindly brought both Sheila and me a pumpkin cookie with delicious frosting. It was wonderful. I led warm-ups for both sixth and eighth grade choir. I stood up and walked to the front of them room, said some things and began to play the first notes on the piano. All of a sudden the piano (a really fancy digital one) began playing a rousing version of Danny Boy. I had NO idea how to turn it off. Sheila had to run up and help me out. It made me laugh. Talk about a great start. Fortunately the eighth grade was feeling merciful today. We had a good laugh and started over. It's the little things that make each day special.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You're lucky they were feeling merciful. I knew an 8th grader once. They aren't so nice.
Post a Comment