Monday, January 22, 2007

Feed Your Inner Mexican

I was recently inspired to share with you an Australian ad for McDonalds. I saw the commercial so many times while I was there it was ridiculous. Looking back on it now makes me wonder even more why they thought this was good marketing. I tried to find the actual video, however I was unsuccessful. There is another version of the ad campaign that features small children. Watch the clip, but imagine a small mustached Mexican man in full Mariachi attire carrying a guitar who climbs out of a white guy and goes to the counter at McDonalds to order the "legendary" El Maco! The only word I can think of to describe it is RIDICULOUS! Stinks that I couldn't find the original commercial.

3 comments:

Holli said...

Ahh. But it got your attention enough to blog about it.

They got to you, Jackie. You just advertised for them for free...whether or not you meant it to be positive.

Jackie said...

Hmm... You're so RIGHT! I've been used!

m!les said...

The Australians love climbing out of people.