
Hello blogland! I'm back from a nice long Christmas Break! Hopefully I'll blog more frequently. I can't make promises though. I break them, just ask Debra.
I had my very first day as a licensed teacher today. It was awesome. First of all, I would never have told you before today that I would enjoy teaching middle school band. Fortunately, I had no time to think about it. I got the call at 7:40 and was on the job in less than an hour. I taught fifth grade lessons all day except for a couple of other-graders and the fifth grade group rehearsal. I had two requests for instrument repair, the first being a trumpet and the second being a bassoon brought in by my neighbor! Hooray for friendly faces! As for the repairs... I was of little help there. Fifth grade band rehearsal went so much better than I could have hoped. I have a deep sense of respect for those willing to take on the daily task of teaching middle schoolers armed with instruments. I think my ear drums are still feeling the effects of those trumpet lessons.
2 comments:
ha! I never thought about teachers having to deal with those horrible sounds daily. I'm proud of you for surviving!
Are "other-graders" like fifth-graders, except that they were already on the island and they kidnap some of the more important fifth-graders and make them do surgery?
Post a Comment