For my mom's birthday, I gave her two tickets to The Phantom of the Opera, now showing at the Civic Center in Des Moines. Secretly I really wanted to go, and I knew my mom would enjoy it too. Yesterday I drove to Fenton to pick up my mom, then on to Des Moines. We spent a few hours at Jordan Creek and then had dinner with my sister Nicole. My sister and I both had rib tips at Famous Dave's. My mom found the sight of two girls, each with her own mound of meat, quite entertaining. Then my sister dropped us off at the front door for a couple hours of quality entertainment. It was awesome! Mom liked it too. On the way home we talked about going to see the Blue Man Group, which would be AMAZING!
Wednesday, February 7, 2007
The Phantom of the Opera!
For my mom's birthday, I gave her two tickets to The Phantom of the Opera, now showing at the Civic Center in Des Moines. Secretly I really wanted to go, and I knew my mom would enjoy it too. Yesterday I drove to Fenton to pick up my mom, then on to Des Moines. We spent a few hours at Jordan Creek and then had dinner with my sister Nicole. My sister and I both had rib tips at Famous Dave's. My mom found the sight of two girls, each with her own mound of meat, quite entertaining. Then my sister dropped us off at the front door for a couple hours of quality entertainment. It was awesome! Mom liked it too. On the way home we talked about going to see the Blue Man Group, which would be AMAZING!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Save the Blue Man Group for sometime in Las Vegas at their real venue. A lot of their awesomeness is from their theatrical stuff, and from what I understand, their tour is more of a rock concert. I know it's tempting, but I really think you'd like them with their normal show.
My sister really wanted to go to the Phantom of the Opera in DM. But they decided it was too far to drive.
I LOVE Phantom of the Opera!
I've never seen the phantom or blue man group in person. I've seen them both on tape, but I'm sure the real thing is much better.
Holli - I never knew that about the BMG. Thanks for the advice, I'll keep that in mind!
Post a Comment