Thursday, February 1, 2007

There's no substitute...


I'll be starting a long-term substitute job soon. For eight weeks! It all happened so fast. About 3 weeks ago I had three copies of an e-mail from a teacher in the Harris - Lake Park School District. Their district was looking for a substitute for middle and high school vocal music! I called on Thursday, interviewed on Friday and had the job by 3:00 that afternoon. I still can't believe how things work out. I already live so close AND I'm in the market for sub jobs! The current teacher will be taking maternity leave, beginning as early as February 14. I am going to spend the day there tomorrow to check things out. I have a pretty good idea of what to expect. The school is about the same size as good ol' Sentral, teeny-tiny! (For those of you who don't know, yes I DID spell that right!) I'm very excited about this opportunity. It has the potential to be a great learning experience with minimal stress. I say that now, but I am responsible for the middle school concert and solo/ensemble contest, YIKES! Now you'll know why if I don't blog for awhile.

2 comments:

Holli said...

How exciting! Congrats! I expect a post every day until your first day, then.

m!les said...

I was kinda wondering if you spelled "Sentral" right, but I thought, of course she would have spelled it right. That must just be the name of the school. And then was the ( ) and I knew for sure.

Congrats!