Wednesday, December 19, 2007

I Need a Fog Horn!

I haven't been to school since Monday. That is a little strange since it is now Wednesday night! I felt like I had run into a brick wall yesterday, so I thought it would be best to call in sick. Then this morning we were in pea soup times ten! It was thick! The day began as a two hour late start. I was already showered, dressed, and had eaten breakfast. Then I was in my car on the way out of town when the principal called saying school had been cancelled. No way! Check out the photos of Dunkerooville from the KWWL Weather Blog. Good 'ol Weatherman Schnackenberg. The fog didn't leave until around noon. I went SHOPPING! It was so fun! I had always thought that a sick day would be kind of fun, but it wasn't, not even a little. I was so tired! Which made today that much more wonderful. I spent a good deal of time and money in Kohl's. They always have good sales, but this time I had an additional 30% off my purchase. Jackpot! I went to Toys-R-Us to buy Mallory's gift, then I found the same gift at Target for $10 less. I should have known it would be cheaper... I bought it at Target and owned two of them for about fifteen minutes. I had to call home and tell my mother about my bargain shopping. I'm such a nerd. It's hard to believe Christmas is next week! The weather report for tomorrow? More fog AND freezing drizzle. Hmm...

5 comments:

Holli said...

haha "jackpot"

I keep wanting to shop, but find so many reasons to save the money for future expenses...like my roommate moving out at the end of the month and I have to cover a whole month's rent and bills. But I'm still going to shop (a little) for myself on Friday.
I'm glad you found time to shop. It's good for girls. :)

Debra said...

Wait a second...
You were sick Tuesday and then had no school on Wednesday!?! I think you are mistaken, I think you teach at HLP!

Just so you know and can feel sorry for me- I got a new student on Monday, have been at school 4 full days this week already, and tomorrow is Christmas Party day. And believe me- I will be the party pooper, it's my job. :)

Hope you did have a great break before your break though- now get to work, slacker!

Debra said...

PS- That Dunkeroo sign, I've been there. I had a bruise for a few weeks commemorating the sacrifices I made to get there.
PSS- Pea Soup :)

she-shew said...

I can't stand the suspense! Did you get another late start/day off?? Oh, Zwiefel days off...the warm fuzzies...

Glad you're feeling better.

m!les said...

I haven't been feeling well, either. :( I'm glad you feel better, though. And that's awesome about the free day!