School is pretty much what I do lately. I never know what will happen on a certain day until we know what the weather will bring. Late starts bring great joy and great frustration. I get two extra hours to get ready for the day, but we lose high school music rehearsal on late start days. The elementary concert was rescheduled from last Thursday to tomorrow night. I hope they remember the music, but I'm not too worried. The high school choirs are what stress me. Two weeks to break!!
I recently planted an amaryllis bulb. It grows like a weed! It bloomed a few days ago. I included pictures. I'm so proud of my little plant.
I have been watching far too many Hallmark/Lifetime-ish Christmas movies. They are so awful, yet I can't help myself. I have to know if they get their happy ending. I did watch Pirates 3 this weekend. The swashbuckling action scenes were a nice change!
Plans for Christmas Break:
1. Plan for next semester. Yuck, I know.
2. Read books.
3. Sleep in.
4. Eat. 'Tis the season!
5. Organize my closet. I have more clothes in there than I know what to do with. Time to streamline the wardrobe!
6. The other closet needs some work too... (No it is not more clothes!)
7. Go to the bank and get quarters for laundry. At most I have barely enough to clean the essentials. I went to a car wash and got change late one night. It's a bit of a gamble as one-third came out as tokens. It's okay, my car needs cleaning too.
8. Cook. I'm excited to cook at home, where there is a dishwasher and people to eat what I make!
9. Play in the snow.
10. Drink coffee.
There you have it, the top ten things I'm hoping to do over break. Maybe I'll even blog for you.
6 comments:
This post makes me so happy! Just the update from Zwiefelville that I have been waiting for. :)
That amaryllis is spectacular!
Drinking coffee can't count as a Top 10 unless you drink it in a way you don't normally drink it, or a flavor you've never tried. Otherwise, why is it so special? I tell you, it's not.
But Holli, it is special... it's Jackiespresso! :)
I thought that mentioning being "pruned" and then talking about plants was going to be about spiritually pruning your life. But then I realized you meant the fruit, prune, not the action.
Cool plant. I had a peace lily once. It was a gift. It died pretty quickly.
My mind went where Miles' did when you mentioned pruning. I guess great minds think alike.
Also, I hear you on the not appreciating the drama between McDreamy and Meridith. Pick a side already...dating or not??
I enjoyed your update and top 10!
Thanks for the Zwief fix...man, I needed that
Post a Comment