This may turn into a long post, but I have lots to say...
Thursday - Snow Day! Thank goodness. Wednesday was not a great day at work. In fact it basically sucked. One of those "Did I really choose to do this!?!" days. I hear it's part of the "first-year teacher" thing. I was PRAYING for a snow day so I would have time to recover. Sadly though, I'll probably be teaching until July. Thursday night I went to see Juno with a friend. I enjoyed it. Afterwards I had an irresistible urge to call my sister. :)
Friday - We get out early! YAY! It was the first day of the 3rd quarter. I started teaching 7th grade theory. It went well! We left school at 1:30, no high school or elementary for me that day! I decided to drive for an hour to see an old friend of mine. I ended up on some pretty drifted over back roads. It was such an adventure. We went shopping and out to eat. It was nice to get away from Waterloo even if only for a few hours.
Saturday - Another day of laziness. In the evening I went to a hockey game with some friends. It was very fun! It was my third time cheering for the Waterloo Black Hawks. They pulled out a win with a score of 2-0 over the Sioux City Musketeers. Someday I'd like to take a spin on a Zamboni.
Sunday - Operation Wonderwoman... I felt a little guilty/bored about so many lazy days in a row that I woke up at 8:00 that morning and made a list of things that I needed to accomplish. I finished most of them. Unfortunately, I also watched the two teams I wanted to make it to the Super Bowl lose in their conference title games. Oh well, maybe next year. I watched the game with my friends Zach and Kristin Johnson, Zach's dad and brother, and Kristin's brother. The chip bag to people ratio was almost 1:1. The Johnsons have an adorable kitten. I want a pet so badly. I don't want a cat. When I got home, I spent about an hour researching house rabbits. It probably won't happen though. I'm holding out for a dog.
Monday - Snow, Snow, Snow... We had school on time. While I was there the road I travel on to get between here and Waterloo was labeled as "travel not advised." I was afraid I would get stuck at school! Finally, they announced we would dismiss at 10:30. They announced this during my junior high class. The one that went so well last Friday did NOT go well today! The prospect of driving home to sit by myself for the rest of the afternoon was NOT appealing, so I drove to Cedar Falls instead. It's about a 20 minute drive in good weather. I saw nine cars in the ditch. I probably should have gone home. Instead I had lunch with a friend at Panchero's (Yes, Debra, I had the guac and chips!), wandered around Kohl's for awhile, rented some chick fliks, and got my hair chopped. In other news, the principal called and it is a late start for tomorrow. Good grief. Let's space these days out a little bit eh?
In summary, I LOVE a good snow day. I'm just craving a little routine. Thank goodness I have friends or I'd be a lonely old cat lady who watches t.v. all day and thinks potato chips are vegetables.
I was perusing the cancellations this morning and found one of them particularly amusing. 7th Day Adventist Church: Smoking Class Canceled Tonight.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I love every part of this post- but especially the "thinks potato chips are vegetables" part. :) Zwiefel humor is the best!
PS- I have a late start tomorrow too! "There's nothing like a good late start morning."
Your sister is pregnant!? When is she due?
You'll never be a cat lady if you don't want a cat.
And we'll have no late starts on Saturday, so be there or be square. But be safe. ;)
In that kind of weather, I'd probably just find an outlet, find an internet connection, and just sleep at school.
Post a Comment