Saturday, June 14, 2008

Inundated

Photos courtesy of viewers who uploaded them to KWWL .com .I ride my bike right here whenever I hit the trails... Straight ahead, right in the midst of the water, is where the trail runs north and south.

This picture is taken from 3rd Street that runs along the river looking south towards the bridge.
Here's a map of what you're looking at. I live at the green B. The water literally goes all the way to 5th Street south of my hill. It may have gone over the road at some point, it was right on the edge when I left Tuesday morning.

I know it is not much compared to the devastation of other areas. It's so strange though. I drive over that bridge nearly every day.

3 comments:

Debra said...

Oh my goodness! I can envision right where you are standing in the top photo! So crazy- do you have to drive like millions of miles around to the other side of Gilbertville just to get home?

Holli said...

That is scary! I'm glad you aren't trapped in there because of water...or trapped out of there.

m!les said...

Wow. You're getting a pretty eye-witness view of a lot of natural disasters lately. I hope the waters don't get any higher!