Thursday, June 19, 2008

Summer!

I told Debra I was going to post some pictures yesterday... I didn't. I have come to find that my productivity directly correlates with the temperature inside my apartment. I just turned on the AC, so I'm moving at the speed of light! :)

Summer so far has included baby-waiting with sister Nicole, holding and loving Rhylee, being in and around Des Moines, being around Gilbertville, hours on the phone with friends, helping with VBS in Parkersburg, making curtains for my kitchen, and other less important projects around the apartment.

My next week or so include a vocal concert that one of my students is a part of, Lost Island Waterpark, Mini-Golf, visiting Rhylee and Nicole, seeing friends, and SCRAPBOOKING! YEAH! After that I'm going to spend time grooming a couple of llamas. Which will eventually make their way to one of my favorite places on earth. No, not Disney World. Though that would be AWESOME!

Here is an interesting aerial photo of Gilbertville. Thankfully I was not here when it was this bad. It freaks me out enough as it is.

For reference: the left - right tree line through the middle is the bike trail...
We are looking south. The red dot is where I live. On a hill and on the second floor, thank goodness! The red line is where the bike trail is. It's crazy, the town is fine, but the river more than overflowed the other bank on the other side, and the low-lying areas south of town.

3 comments:

Holli said...

Gilbertville is one of the lucky ones...

Are the llamas going to camp?!

Debra said...

Oh my goodness! It's so hard to believe!

m!les said...

You have a very important job now; to be the cool aunt. I think, as soon as you can, get Rhylee into Arrested Development.