Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Oh My

Good Morning!

This week of choral nerdiness has a theme. It is "Project ICDA: Cherishing the Old, Celebrating the New." It is a jam-packed symposium of speakers, interest sessions, repertoire readings, and concerts. It is an opportunity to network with all the big-wigs of Iowa choir programs. I've been to regional and even a national choral convention, but Iowa takes it to a whole new level!

Going back to theme, here are a few of the workshop titles:

1. "Comedy Central" Humor in the Classroom/Rehearsal
2. "Northern Exposure" The Canadian Choral Tradition at Every Level
3. "Dancing with the Stars" Functional, yet Creative ways to Choreograph on a Budget
4. "Music Man" Interpreting the Barbershop Score (I'm not making these up by the way)
5. "American Idol" Selecting Solo Repertoire Beyond the 24 Italian Songs and Arias
6. "California Dreamin'" New Choral Repertoire from Santa Barbara Music Publishing
7. "Nickelodeon" Innovative Techniques for the Elementary Music Classroom Experience
8. "Hour of Power" Techniques for Creating a Purposeful and Musical Church Year
9. "Field of Dreams" Building the Relationship Between Community and School
10. "The Tudors...Dan Nye, The Madrigal Guy" Creating and Producing a Madrigal Feast

That's not all of them either, just the top ten.

I've got to run, the first session is at 9:00.

2 comments:

Holli said...

haha It took me several minutes to get that the theme is TV shows/Movies.

m!les said...

I think your parenthetical was placed expertly. I was thinking that just as I read it.