
Yep, I went there. Now it's stuck in you head to. Ahahaha! My master plan.
It's SO incredibly true today! I've been getting advice from parents (some unwanted... grr...) and other staff about how I should deal with the disruptions that occur in my class. Does anyone have a revolver I can borrow? How about a candlestick in the conservatory?
To sum it up. I'm not being mean enough. Surprise, surprise. Though the principal heard me yell today and he said, "You sounded great!" Wahoo! I've done everything. Raised my voice, lowered my voice, called parents, pulled students aside, called students out in front of their peers, assign detentions, assign Saturday school, and yes, I slammed a door once. On the other hand, one of the parents gave me this advice, "Lighten up and give them a little rope or you won't have anyone in your group." Disrespect, and the apple didn't fall far from the tree. I stress the "one parent" as there are many others that I have talked to with better results.
Anyhow. I've had some help, and it is making it bearable. They know when to leave it to me and when to offer ideas. Mostly that is it, offering ideas, listening to me vent, and being supportive of what I'm doing.
Let's see, Thursday (possible early out), Friday (maybe no school???), Monday, and Tuesday (half day). It won't come soon enough! (an ICE STORM is COMING!)
Another thought on the ice storm... if the concert gets moved from tomorrow night to after the break I will SCREAM!!!! The AD scheduled a basketball game on our last possible snow date before break. I'm NOT HAPPY!
Life is still good. :)
2 comments:
Will you be able to travel this weekend? If not, leave now!
I couldn't agree more with Holli!!!
"Serve wholeheartedly as if you were serving..." That's the one I get stuck in my head a lot!
Love you lots, Jacks!
Post a Comment