Sunday, June 3, 2012

What a [Satur] Day!

Saturday was a fantastic day!  I felt so great after all that I had done on Friday.  Of course, I didn't keep it up yesterday, but I have built in some "wiggle" room on weekends so that sticking with my goals isn't as overwhelming.

In the morning, Josh had a gig with the Eastern Iowa Brass Band.  They played for an hour at Mount Vernon's annual Chocolate Stroll.  I was a blast last year, wandering through the shops and tasting chocolates.  I was very excited to repeat the fun this year, but I was good and didn't taste any chocolate!  I didn't even miss that part.  I spent nearly an hour in a delightful antique shop that I had missed completely the year before.  I only saw about HALF of her things.  I must go back soon!  I found some beautiful vintage postcards circa 1910-1915.  They are holiday related, so I will have to decide how to display them when Thanksgiving and Christmas roll around.


Last night, Josh had the incredible privilege to play for a marriage proposal!  It sounded like it was so beautiful. The couple walked over a bridge, came around a corner, and Josh started playing La vie en rose like Louis Armstrong in this video. Then the man handed the girl a stack of photos, one at a time while he proposed.  Afterwards they danced as the music continued.  Josh said it was very special!

This post deserves photos, and I plan on adding them later today.  I'm looking forward to going for a long walk and doing some reading first.

No comments: