Monday, February 11, 2008

Mi Casa

I had a little extra time on my hands last week, so I decided to clean my apartment and put together a little tour for blog-world. I hope you enjoy this tour of my home.

This is the view from the front door. You can see the living room through the kitchen.

I do have a refrigerator, but it didn't make the picture somehow. The right door is the main one, and the left door is a closet.

I really enjoy my couch. I picked it out and bought it myself. The coffee table and end table were made by my dad, as well as the entertainment center in the picture below. These were all pieces of furniture that my parents had in their first home. My favorite part about the end table is that it is an inlaid with a checker/chess board.
Another view of the living room. To the right of the CD tower is the main bedroom door, to the right of that is the office door. If you turn right 90 degrees you find the bathroom, another 90 degree turn leads you right into the linen closet. You could call it a hallway, but it's more of a "way" minus the hall.

My bedroom. It's snowing!

This furniture beside my bed is one of my favorite pieces. It's an icebox! My grandpa refinished the outside, but it still has the guts of an icebox. A summer project will transform it into storage for sweaters or something...


A collage of the bathroom, because who really wants to see a lot of bathroom pictures?


The left wall has two low bookshelves. You can also see the little balcony. I enjoyed sitting out there in the fall with a cup of coffee and a good book. Now it's a little museum showcasing the efforts of the latest snowstorm.


My favorite wall in the apartment. I put a part of my record collection up, plus this is where my bike lives during the winter.


Winter Wonderland :)

I have lots of room and an air mattress. You're always welcome to come for a visit!

3 comments:

Debra said...

I like the line- "a little museum showcasing the efforts of the latest snow storm"- that's a good way to put it! :)

Holli said...

Remember when I showed pictures of my dorm room and you caught the Australia postcard you sent me, hanging up? Well, I caught a wallpaper I made displayed on your computer! Warmed heart.

Also, I wish I had lots of "custom-made" wood pieces. I use "" because really it was custom-made for your parents and ice, not you.

m!les said...

That's a neat record collection. I own two records... and no phonograph... :(

Sweet pad!