Monday, August 25, 2008

A little this, a little that...

I talked with a friend on the way home from school today and she inspired me to cook something. What makes that a little interesting is the random selection of ingredients that I had on hand. This recipe called for three things I didn't have: spinach, bell peppers, and chunks of ham. I did have some of the other ingredients, including shredded swiss cheese. I added garden fresh green beans and used deli-sliced turkey. It was an experiment, a delicious experiment. I also made 1/3 of the recipe, so it was the perfect size. I think I'll skip the green beans next time. Tomorrow I'm going to make meatloaf, YUM!

3 comments:

Debra said...

mmmmeatloaf :)

Holli said...

It looks like the quiche which had a recipe in this month's Redbook. Interesting...

m!les said...

Under normal circumstances, I wouldn't eat something called "puff pie".

And I probably still won't.