Monday, August 11, 2008

Splashing into History

Yesterday was quite an eventful day in history.

I spent the day at Lost Island with my mom, sisters, and nephew. Rhylee dipped his toes into the pool for the very first time.

Then I went home and watched the men's 4x100 relay. If you haven't seen it yet, go to nbcolympics.com NOW! It's amazing! They smashed the world record by nearly 4 seconds, even as the commentator was saying it was impossible.

From first dip in the pool to the glory of the olympic pool... It was an exciting day!

3 comments:

Holli said...

Also, I hearted the fact that they beat the French - since they were quoted saying "We're going to smash the Americans" in that race.

Holli said...

It was exciting indeed. As I watched it I thought. Wait, what's happening? Who is that? Holy crap! Go!!!

m!les said...

So, you basically spent the whole day around the "pool". Not bad!