Tuesday, December 30, 2008

We Wish You a Merry Christmas...

...and a Happy New Year!

Break has been great! "Refreshing" is the word for it. I still have several days too!

I was not mentally prepared for Christmas. I had worked up to the 23rd, so opening presents the morning of the 24th was weird. My favorite gift is the trainer Mom bought for my bike. I've wanted one for a long time! I'm really excited about riding indoors this winter! (Considering the alternative, riding outside.)

The highlight of opening gifts was watching Rhylee try to eat the bows and paper. He's getting another tooth, and he will chew on anything. Mallory was also very entertaining as she continued her tradition of wrapping things she finds around the house. Dad opened a boxed set of WWII videos that he was given for Christmas about five years ago. I also had several items she had wrapped for me. You never know what you're going to get, again!

Christmas eve was spent in West Bend with Mom's family. Mom, Alissa, and I went to the Christmas Eve Mass with Grandpa. Our church's service was too close to family dinner. The drive home from West Bend is always memorable, but this year's especially so. We drove home in a car without heat. Brrr.. Dad had driven the car there because my car was in the way of his. (He could have called, the keys were in the house!)

Christmas morning we woke up to check out what Santa had left. Mario DDR for the gamecube! Santa and I found a really good price for it on ebay. He also left me a jar of my favorite peanut butter. What a sense of humor he has!

We went to my dad's brother's for Christmas dinner. I haven't seen this group of cousins for a few years. It was good to catch up.

The day after Christmas I bought a new phone. It was definitely time! I could make one call on the old one and the low battery warning would start beeping. The new one isn't too fancy, but I'm having fun with the new features.

Life since then has been great. It's nice to sleep in and do whatever I like. I brought things home from school to work on, but I probably won't touch them until the 3rd or so. I also have a few things to work on for my grad school applications. I'm still dragging my feet. Change is exciting, but overwhelming!

I wish you all the best in the New Year! I'm resolving to post every so often. We all know I'll have time on my many snow days! haha

3 comments:

she-shew said...

Maybe one of the things you want to do with your days left is travel to NW Iowa and visit your friends??? Glad to hear break is going well, have a Happy New Year!

Holli said...

When my sister was about Mallory's age, my dad wrapped up a box with a piece of coal in it as a joke. Because it got such a laugh that year, the next year she decided to find rocks that looked like coal and wrap them up for us.

She thought she was hilarious.

Miles Rausch said...

I've done my share of "regifting". Though it's usually things that I own. I'm sure it wasn't as cute and humorous when I did it. Now I just do gift cards.