Tuesday, February 19, 2008
Jackie Zwiefel's Day[s] Off
I am BEYOND stir-crazy, and I just heard from the administration AGAIN! Thursday is the only day I have to work this week. Monday-Wednesday no school because the country roads are drifted shut. Underneath the snow is a layer of ice that won't melt in these subzero temperatures. Friday is a teacher compensation day for conferences, and Monday we're going to the state basketball tournament. Don't ask how many days we've missed so far... it's too many. At least Jake Gyllenhaal had people to talk to. Somewhat related... well, not really... Holli, I thought of you when I watched the end of Gone with the Wind. It was a bit too Castaway for me. Especially for a four hour film. In other news, my scrapbook is coming along quite nicely.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
I don't know how you do it. Let me know if you've been baking delicious things!
Here's the thing though. At LEAST with Gone With the Wind, the ending was pretty resolved, the lack of which is what I hate most about Castaway. I mean, "Frankly, my Dear, I don't give a damn" is a pretty clear statement...and we all know the South has been rebuilt. But what the 'H' is in that FedEx box?! If you look at my Facebook wall right now, you'll see a response to my post on a friend's wall about the movie - she had as her status that she was watching it. I had to vent.
Bryan - I have made some delicious things. I made some sort of steak stroganoff in the slow cooker and chocolate-chocolate chip cookies. I am considering baking a pie. I have some apples in the fridge that I haven't eaten yet.
Holli - I agree that it isn't as bad as Castaway, but I found it very unresolved. Ashley doesn't love her and Rhett doesn't give a damn. Is she supposed to symbolize the stubborn south? I didn't think it was worth four hours, but I respect that it is a classic. It's amazing that the film was made in 1939! Do you think Tom Hanks knows what was in the box?
I'm singing Star-Spanglin Zwiefel-style today!
(my personal favorite is the "see you mid-June with your textbooks" line.
I think you should share it with blog land. :)
Did you actually HAVE conferences to legally be compensated for them? :)
Wow. I don't think we ever got more than two days off of school for snow. And, certainly not anymore.
Post a Comment