Tuesday, February 26, 2008

On To State!


Our basketball team won on Monday. It was a close one! They won by only 2 points. I made an entire weekend out of being in Des Moines for the game. Friday night I drove down and went shopping for shoes with Heather. Then we played 500 with one of my friends from high school and another guy I went to school with from 7-9th grade. I hadn't seen him in 7 or 8 years! We were up until 4:30, but only played two full games of cards... too much talking to play seriously.

Saturday night I hung out again with my new-old friend. We went to dinner, Cold Stone ice cream and a movie. It was no surprise that we had lots to talk about. Sunday I visited my sister in Ankeny. Coincidentally, my new-old friend lives about one block from Nicole! They're practically neighbors. What a small world. I guess the morals of this pointless story are that you never know who you might become reacquainted with and the Dunkerville Raiders are awesome!

5 comments:

Holli said...

That is a horrible moral.

she-shew said...

Go Fightin' Dunkeroos!!

Jackie said...

Perhaps I should have said, "the point of this moral-less story..." :)

Debra said...

I like how you call them "Dunkerville" :)

new/old "friend"... hmmm... :)

m!les said...

Dunkerville is a good name for a basketball town.

High expectations, though.