Thursday, August 21, 2008

Jump on the Bandwagon!

**Wait, if you're reading this for the first time, you must know that this post was originally accompanied by a fabulous piece of music. Click on this link. Hopefully it will open in another tab or window and you can return to read this post in all its original glory.**

Music Clip

When I was home last weekend something triggered memories of watching a program on TV while Mom made dinner. It has a place in my heart close to that of Wheel of Fortune. It was always on before something... I can't remember if it was on before the news or primetime. Anyway, it was called Bandwagon and it featured silver-haired people dancing around to live music. Most of the time it was Polka music. I thought it would be sweet to find a video clip, but youtube isn't up with the times.

When I hear Polka music I can picture the band, the golden anniversary couples, and smell Mom's cooking. Here's the best part, it's still on! Yes you, faithful reader, can be on this amazing television program! The show is taped in Mankato, Minnesota. Monday, October 6 we can listen and jam out to Cactus and the Jolly Brewers. Then they will air the program on Saturdays at 11:30 a.m. for the following month.

If you're really nice to me I'll enter your name for the birthday and anniversary "rollup" selection. I suppose you could enter yourself too. I'm sure you're interested to learn more. They have a wikipedia article AND an official webpage!

Wikipedia
Official Bandwagon Website

I just added music. I'm crying, this is SO FUNNY to me! If you're still reading, thanks for humoring me!

Now that's a "Feather in your Cap!"

5 comments:

Debra said...

Sam Van Deest would be proud!

Jackie said...

I just, repeat JUST messaged him about how I was thinking of Polka and it reminded me of him. Freaky! I'm afraid I'm the only person in the world amused by this post. I feel like a child thinking, "Look people, LOOK WHAT I DID!" I've made three people read it... Somebody stop me! Hahaha!

Holli said...

And the music won't let me pause or stop it! The agony! I have to mute the computer itself!

Jackie said...

Who would want to stop such joyful music!?! Don't worry I won't leave it up forever. Thought about it, but it would drive me crazy, too.

m!les said...

I read this all the way through. That's what I do for friends. I READ polka.