I confiscated two cell phones from high school students. The first one groaned about it, and the second one, a guy, said fine and made it look like he was going to toss it to me. He was about 12 feet from me so I said, "You'd better not because I won't catch it." They laughed and then he threw it anyway. I pulled it out of the air like a pro! That can never be repeated. They were amazed at my skills! Haha.I know it's probably cheating using the copy-paste function in this way. Let's not call it cheating though, let's call it "recycling." :) Happy (almost) Friday!
The best part I'll save, but on the way home from hearing the most exciting news I ran over a few dozen toads. It's raining here and I watched them hop across the road. There had to have been hundreds covering about a mile stretch. I'm pretty sure I murdered quite a few. I could barely drive I was so worked up about it. Then I saw one in my parking lot and yelped a bit. Freaky little things. I hope the neighbors didn't hear me freak out. I feel like such a horrible person. I tried driving slower, but I just wanted it to be over... It was horrible!
Okay, most exciting thing. I went to a second year teacher's meeting and my friend Jill was there. She told me I should be a part of the Metropolitan Chorale. I said YES, I've been wanting to do that since last spring. So, she started giving me details. Their conductor is usually Paul Torkelson, but he is on sabatical this year. Guess who his fill-in is! Weston Noble! I about cried with excitement. How amazing is that! I'm hoping it's not too late to join. They'll be performing the Messiah with the Waterloo-Cedar Falls Symphony Orchestra. Absolutely wonderful! I can't wait!
Thursday, September 11, 2008
My Crazy Day
My day was pretty wild. I copy-pasted this from an e-mail I sent to a friend. I'm too tired to rewrite it. We should definitely institute siestas into our daily routines!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
YOU
KILLED
FROGS
!!!!!!
PS- Who got this original e-mail?? :) Hmmm... :)
Maybe it was you... hmmm? haha
I know I'm supposed to be excited, but I have no idea who that conductor is.
Weston Noble!?! That's amazing! My sister Paige studied under him in the Norse choir, and she loved him/it. He is great...I'm excited for you! Enjoy!
I'm excited for you as well, but I really didn't follow the email except for the part where YOU KILLED GENERATIONS OF FROGS. And then there was something about conducting with a Norse god.
Post a Comment