First of all, I've been thinking about this for a LONG time. I can't justify spending over $80 a month on television and internet services. It went up in August from a reasonable $50ish. I'm not giving up internet (thank you neighbors), and I'm not planning to give up TV. I've thought about trying bunny ears, and now I'll actually go through with it. I live so close to Waterloo, I can't imagine that it doesn't work. Especially when I get my new digital converter! If not, I can always watch Grey's on the internet. Even if I spent a little cash to download the shows I actually watch from itunes, I'd still be saving lots of money! The only thing I'll miss is Jon and Kate Plus 8.
So, from now until Sept 16 I plan to watch lots of cable. I'm also looking forward to the $20 I'll get back from mediacom for service unused.
If you still think I'm crazy, you should talk to someone who has or has had Mediacom. I've had a lot of problems with them this summer. Grr...
Perhaps I'll soon write a follow-up e-mail about my love for Family Video. Seriously, that place rocks!
4 comments:
We don't have MediaCom but have had similar frustrations with our provider. Hard to justify the money.
Mediacom is horrible. Especially if you need to use their customer service. Unfortunately, they are the only provider where I live...
Our cable/Internet provider stinks too. Too much money to pay for slow Internet. We only have one option for a provider too. Grr.
We've just decided to make the plunge, too. We've found online alternatives (most of them free) for our favorite shows, so I think we'll be sitting good.
Post a Comment